Companies who buy, sell or conduct business on commercial or industrial property must be prepared to deal with the environmental considerations inherent in such projects. We have the experience to shepherd clients successfully through a wide range of environmental matters, leveraging our knowledge of state and federal laws regulating site assessment, remediation and cleanup, as well as the development of contaminated or environmentally sensitive properties.
If you are a buyer, seller or land developer embroiled in a real estate dispute or would like to take precautions to avoid conflict, our land use litigation attorneys can work with you to ensure your money and property rights are adequately protected against adverse parties and claims.
On paper, purchasing real estate seems like a relatively straightforward transaction: make an offer, wait for acceptance, draft a contract, settle the deal and exchange the money. However, each step of the purchase process represents a potential point of disagreement or misunderstanding. Our land use and zoning litigation attorneys are adept at handling any problems that arise in the sale or purchase of a piece of property, including:
- Disputes occurring in the drafting and execution of a purchase contract;
- Handling a rescission or misrepresentation by the buyer or seller;
- Problems with the title or survey;
- State and local regulations, including compliance with zoning ordinances;
- Issues with a mortgage lender;
- Disagreements involving new home construction and implied or express warranties.